March 6, 2007

Rod had a dream . . .

I've had an eerie thought: what happens when someone is changing the colours on her blog and someone else logs on simultaneously? Does some sort of supernatural phenomenon occur? I will now back away from the keyboard--very slowly--to allow you to read this pointless blog entry without disturbance.

But first, another quick thought: My husband dreamt, the night before last, of a serial killer in a jail cell (on a ship much like my in-laws' living room that contained some of the foremost geotechnical mining experts in the world . . . but that's another matter entirely). This man, he discovered, was a rational being--that is, until he met a person shorter than himself. The moment he looked down on someone, he was driven to kill.

I know that dreams are often nonsensical, but if this dream does contain a warning of some sort, I'm glad that I'm roughly the same height as my husband.

No comments: