April 26, 2007

Product Placement Ruins Perfectly Good Dream

I was not only playing Castle Master (see my very first blog), but was in the Castle itself. In my dream I had one final key to collect. All I could see was a white porcelain sink, and I nearly sunk into despair. "I want to win," I said between clenched teeth.

I then noticed that the drain plug was actually rooted into place like a plant, so naturally I started pulling it. Twenty feet of root came out--at the end of which was my coveted key!

Noticing that the root was starting to twine around my arm, I grabbed a nearby stick of dynamite (conveniently placed, of course), and eased the roots around it, quickly standing back. The blast destroyed the root, and I knew then that I had won the game.

My moment of glory came when a warrior riding an ostrich (from Joust, of course!) bent down to offer me a warm handshake. I can still feel the ostrich's soft feathers beneath my hand.

When I walked away, warm with the pride of my accomplishment, I noticed a can of Pepsi. Its logo was almost glowing in my dream. I walked by in disgust, but the can reappeared, perfectly placed as if before a camera and glowing, ever glowing.

"Can you imagine: a product placement in a dream?" I asked the nearest person. "I wonder how much they paid to do that?"

1 comment:

evan said...

carmen - I need to get a hold of your old man. Could you please have him phone evan in saskatoon. Thanks.